Here you have a summary of the most relevant delivery information. We have tried to make it easy to read and understand. If you prefer, you can read our Terms and Conditions. And if you still have questions, do not hesitate to contact us!
1. Do you deliver your products everywhere in Finland?
Yes, we do.
2. How much will I pay for delivery?
We have four different delivery options:
- Pick up from our store in Vanha Kauppahalli: If you are in Helsinki city, and you want to come to our store, you can pick up your order FREE OF CHARGE.
- Posti Postal Parcel: Your parcel will be available at the post office that corresponds to your shipping address. Alternatively, it will be available at the SmartPOST parcel terminal that corresponds to your shipping address. You will need a box code for pickup (it will be sent to you by SMS). The price is 6.90€ flat rate for deliveries of 30kg and under. Free shipping with orders over 150€.
- Posti Home Parcel: The order is delivered to you at the delivery address that you provide (home, work, etc.). Posti will contact you by phone to agree on the delivery time. For this delivery option: 11.90€ flat rate to all orders of 30kg and under, including those totaling 150€ or more.
- Free home delivery in the Helsinki metropolitan area: We offer free of charge home delivery to all orders over 30 € whose delivery address is within the Helsinki area. For Espoo and Vantaa, there is free home delivery for orders over 60 €. Home deliveries are scheduled on Thursdays between 17 and 20. Once we have received your order, we will send you an order confirmation and confirm the day and estimated time of delivery.
Please note that we make every effort to recycle any materials (boxes, filling material, etc.) we receive from our suppliers as part of their regular deliveries to our warehouse. This way, we cut down on wastage and help the environment.
3. When will I get my order?
You will be advised by email the moment your order has been shipped or is ready for pickup. Orders will generally be shipped within 1-2 working days unless you request otherwise. Orders containing perishable goods will be shipped only on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays to avoid such orders sitting in the courier’s terminal over the weekend. Dispatch of such orders will be postponed until the next possible working day.
4. What if my order weighs more than 30kg?
It is quite difficult to reach 30kg. If your order weight more than 30kg, we would need to send it to you in two different packages (2 x shipping fee). If the total value of your order is 150€ or more (it will be if you reach 30kg), and you choose Posti Economy or SmartPOST, you do not need to worry because you will benefit from free shipping in any case. If you select Posti Home parcel, you will need to pay shipping charges twice (23.80€).
5. What happens if I receive a faulty/damaged product?
We pack all the boxes that we send ourselves. We are extra careful with what we send and how we send it, and rarely a customer receives a damaged or spoiled product. If this does happen, we should be notified within 24 hours since you receive your order. We will ask for a picture of the faulty product, and we will arrange a replacement or refund. We might require that you send the defective product back to us (we will obviously pay for the costs of sending the item back to us).
This does not apply if you do not like the taste of a product. And the taste is such a subjective matter. A Manchego cheese that is too mild for you might be too strong for somebody else, for example. We have tried to be as accurate as we can with the product descriptions, and you are advised to read them before making a purchase.
6. Our return policy:
You have the right, granted by the Finnish consumer protection legislation, to cancel your order within fourteen (14) days of receiving your order. We will refund the price of your order after we have received all the products in the same condition in which they were sent to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the products to us. Important return conditions are:
- We must be notified within fourteen (14) days after you received your order.
- The products have not been opened and are exactly in the same conditions in which you received them.
- For obvious reasons, perishable goods are not refundable and are not to be sent back to us.
If you have any questions regarding our return policy, please contact us.