The flavour of the Manchego cheese blends perfectly with the sweet flavour of the tomato jam to yield a delicious salad.
Serves 2 people:
- 1 bag of lettuce mix
- 2 tomatoes
- 30g of walnuts
- Manchego cheese Don Cayo cured, 250g
- 1 tablespoon of tomato jam by La Tejea
- 3 table spoons of La Chinata extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Sherry vinegar by La Chinata
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the lettuce on a plate. Cut the tomatoes in thin slices and add to the salad. Top with shavings of Manchego and the walnuts.
2. To make the vinaigrette mix the tomato jam, extra virgin olive oil and Sherry vinegar. Stir until well blended and add on top.
3. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Tips: If you don't like walnuts you can use pine nuts instead. The dressing made with our green tomate marmalade is equally delicious!