Traditional Spanish cooking is uncomplicated most of the times as it basically relies upon premium quality ingredients. Like good chorizo. Chorizo a la sidra or chorizo cooked in cider is one of the simplest tapas and simplest pairings you can find, fine chorizo fried in good virgin olive oil and then stewed in cider until the liquid is reduced and the slight sweetness of the drink infuses the chorizo… heaven in a tapa.
- 4 Cooking Ibérico Chorizos
- 1 tbs of Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bottle of Champagne Cider El Gaitero 700 ml
1. Put the chorizos with a table spoon of oilve oil in a small pot and fry until they change in color, don´t overdo it!
2. Add cider until the chorizos are totally covered. Boil during 20 minutes until the sauce has reduced by 1/3. Add more cider if necessary.
3. And that is it! You can serve the chorizos whole or cut them in slices. This tapa is normally served in small bowls.
Tips: Make small cuts in the chorizo before adding the cider so the sauce can infuse the sausage.