Despite its name (Russian salad), ensaladilla rusa is one of Spain's most typical dishes! Try this authentic recipe for an unforgettable appetizer or side dish.
for 2-3 people
- 500g of potatoes
- 1 big carrot
- 150g of green peas
- 2 eggs
- 1 small can of tuna in water
- 350 ml of mayo
- Anchovy stuffed green olives
1. Wash the potatoes and the carrot and bring them to a boil and cook until just tender. Don't overcook or they'll fall apart. Let them cool completely. At the same time, boil the eggs for 15 minutes and the green peas for 5-10 minutes.
2. Once the potatoes and carrot have cooled down, remove their skin and cut into cubes. Place the cubes in a big bowl. Add the peas, salt and mix carefully.
3. You will need to separate the white and yolk in the boiled eggs. Cut the white into cubes and add to the mixture. Save the boiled yolks for later.
4. Drain the water from the tuna can and add to the mix. Add the mayo and stir the mixture until blended. Put the mixture in the fridge and let it rest for few hours before serving. The ensaladilla is ready.
5. Place a 8-10 cm ring mold in the middle of a plate and add the ensaladilla. Sprinkle with the boiled yolk and decorate the top with the green olives. Buen provecho!
Tips: You can also decorate the top of the ensaladilla with anchovies or piquillo peppers cut in thin strips.