A Spanish spin on your classic burger featuring Manchego cheese, Alioli, caramelised onion and Piquillo peppers.
For one burger:
- 1 ciabatta bun (the one in the picture is homemade but you can use ready ones)
- 300g of ground beef
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of La Chinata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of Alioli by La Chinata
- 4 slices of Manchego cheese Don Cayo
- 1-2 tablespoons of Caramelised Onion by La Tejea
- 1-2 Piquillo peppers in slices
1. To make your burger place the minced beef into a bowl. Add salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and mix everything well with the help of a fork or your hands. Divide into 2 and pat and mould each piece into a roundish shape of around 2 cm thick.
2. Grill your burgers to your liking for around 3-4 minutes on each side.
3. To serve your burger, first spread the Alioli on the bread, then add the chopped lettuce. Place 2 slices of Manchego cheese on each patty and arrange them one on top of the other. Finally top the burger with caramelised onion and sliced Piquillo peppers.
Tips: Grill the burgers 2-3 minutes on each side for medium and 5-6 minutes for well done.