This salad is inspired by the traditional "Melón con Jamón" dish (melon with ham). A light salad with our delicious Iberian ham. For the salad that you see in the picture we actually used Jamón Ibérico de Bellota C&G. In any case, any of the Iberian hams that are available in our store would work perfectly for this recipe.
Serves 2 people:
- 1 lettuce
- 1 piel de sapo melon
- Jamón Ibérico de Bellota C&G, 80g
- Few Cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of rocket
- 30g of walnuts
- 1 handful of raisins
- 1 tiny pinch of salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fig Balsamic Cream Vinegar
1. Wash and cut the lettuce (half of it should be enough for two salads). Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
2. For making the melon-ham rolls you will need really thin layers of melon. The best way is to first cut a slice of melon, then carefully cut the slice again to obtain thin layers. Place a slice of ham on each thin slice of melon and roll it.
3. For building the salad we used a 12 cm ring mold. If you do not have one of these, don´t worry, just be careful when placing the ingredients. In the bottom place the lettuce, a bit of rocket and the cherry tomatoes. Add a bit of salt. Then place the melon-ham rolls on top and decorate the salad with the walnuts, raisins and the leftover rocket. Remove the ring mold and add olive oil and fig balsamic cream vinegar. Ready!
Tips: If you don't fancy raisins, you can substitute them with any other dried berry, e.g. dried cranberries.