Patatas revolconas are typical from Ávila, Salamanca and Extremadura (where they produce the majority of Spanish pimentón). There you will find these patatas typically served as a tapa, accompanying a glass of Spanish red wine.
- 200 g of potatoes
- 60 g of streaky bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- olive oil for frying
- 1/2 spoonful of pimentón El Avión (hot or sweet, your choice)
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into pieces. Boil the potatoes until they are soft.
2. While you wait for the potatoes to be ready, fry the bacon on a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Fry until crispy and set aside.
3. In the same oil fry the chopped garlic until it starts becoming brown. Then remove the pan from the stove and add the pimentón, stir gently.
4. Use a fork to mash the potatoes with the mixture of oil, garlic and pimentón. Add salt to taste. Serve hot with the bacon on top.